As part of our continued commitment to internal and client security, we are pleased to announce that the OryxAlign Cyber Security team has successfully achieved the Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
Developed by the National Cyber Security Centre and backed by the UK government, this is the highest level of certification offered under the Cyber Essentials scheme.
To achieve Cyber Essentials Plus certification, OryxAlign had to demonstrate the following to an independent Certification Body;
- Appropriate usage of firewalls and internet gateways to secure connectivity to the internet
- Secure configuration of devices and software in use throughout the organisation
- Strong control of access to their data and services
- Suitable protection against viruses and malware
- Effective patch management to keep all devices and software up to date
Our certification was performed by Pentest People, a UK-based boutique security consultancy. They carried out:
- An external vulnerability assessment of our Internet-facing infrastructure
- An internal vulnerability scan
- Onsite independent assessment of security controls
- Thorough antivirus testing
“As an MSP, we are acutely aware of the attractiveness of our systems and data to cyber criminals. Achieving the Cyber Essentials Plus certificate reiterates the extensive security measures we put in place to protect both OryxAlign and clients” Carl Henriksen, CEO, OryxAlign
Achieving the certification is just one element of our wider, robust security strategy. We are continuously reviewing our systems and procedures well as the latest technologies to stay ahead of ever-evolving risks.