Whether you use Office 365 or not; Microsoft Teams is free. That’s right, free. As in £0. Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork. Keep all your team's chats, meetings, files, and apps together in one place.
We look at the Teams Top 6 tips:
Tag people to get your message noticed
@Mentions call attention to your message.
In a chat or channel conversation, type @, followed by your teammate's name or email address, and select them.
They'll get a notification in their Activity feed about the conversation.
These are a few of my favourite Teams
Tag your favourite Teams and they'll appear at the top of your Favourites list for quick and easy access.
1. In your Teams list, find one of the Teams or channels you work with most often.
2. Select . . . to the right of the name.
3. Select Favourite.
Use a keyboard instead of a mouse? Teams has a shortcut for you.
In the Teams app, press ALT + / to display a list of available keyboard shortcuts.
Make collaborating on files a breeze
Add a file to a channel to give access to everyone who needs it.
1. On the menu at the top of your channel (above the conversations), select Files.
2. Select New to create a new file, or Upload to upload an existing one.
Now the file is shared with your entire team, and everyone's edits will show up as they're made.
Streamline access with custom tabs
Create custom tabs to give your teammates easy access to the files, tools, and sites they use every day.
Select + on the menu at the top of your chat or channel to add a tab. They'll be visible to all your teammates instantly.
It’s all about the meme
Add GIFs to inject some personality into your conversations.
1. To add a GIF to your reply, just click at the bottom of your conversation view.
2. Search for, or select, a GIF from the picker. Click Send when ready.
Take your team with you
The Teams mobile app helps you connect and collaborate wherever you are.
The app is available on iOS and Android. Participate in conversations, join meetings on the go, and access all of your teams, channels, files, and more.